Thursday, 24 September 2015

Shopping

To all the people out there who hate shopping, I apologise in advance!

As the title of the blog post suggests, it's all about my love of shopping - it's a shame my bank balance doesn't have the same feelings!

I've always enjoyed going shopping for clothes and shoes, but now it's moved past the 'basics'...I'm now loving looking at home stuff: cushions, wallpaper, cutlery sets, plate sets, wine glasses, photo frames, canvases, you name it, I've probably looked at it and lusted after it! I already have a box of house stuff at Daniel's flat ready for when we get our own place...it'll smell nice anyway as there's a few candles in the box!

I feel like my love of shopping is similar to Sophie Kinsella's creation of Rebecca Bloomwood in her 'Shopaholic' series...minus all the credit card debt thankfully!
Sophie Kinsella creates Rebecca as what is looked at as the stereotypical woman: loves to shop regardless of the money and she gets into loads of debt she can't pay back. I won't say anymore about her story, but I highly recommend that you read it as I've read everything written by Kinsella and she is an amazing author!

There's this feeling you get when you go shopping, try something on and it looks amazing, try on a pair of shoes and they give you that extra lift, or simply choosing a nail varnish that suits your outfit perfectly; the feeling you get when you leave the shop with that shopping bag in your hand is a great feeling! The feeling is almost euphoric - that you've bought something you love and it's just for you. The smile people have when they're shopping is contagious. If someone's a happy shopper, people around them are happy shoppers - albeit this doesn't happen very often, but it has been know - good customer service helps this too!

I love trying clothes on because, and I'm sure many would agree, they look totally different hanging up to what they do when you physically try it on, which is often annoying and means I don't end up buying it, but nonetheless, it's always best to try clothes on at the time!

I went shopping today with Sarah and some birthday money, not expecting to spend much of it, but surprisingly, I did!

I bought two more MaxFactor nail varnishes in a nudey colour and a coral colour, so I'm sure they'll be just as nice as the other two I bought and blogged about recently. I also bought a nice new top from Next which can be seen as dressy or casual, and I feel it was an excellent purchase! I also bought two skirts from New Look and one of them was in the sale and an absolute bargain!

So all in all it was a good day!

If you've got any shopping/fashion tips I'd love to know so please leave a comment below!

Until next time :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment