Monday, 28 September 2015

A jam packed weekend!

Hi everyone!

So the weekend just gone was one of the busiest I've had for a while!

I love having plans on a weekend, but sometimes it's nice to not have anything set in stone so you can make it your own!

It all started on Saturday morning. My church had a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan. We do it every year and sell homemade cakes, scones, brownies, etc. - it's a good excuse to get together for a natter and make some money for a good cause! We raised over £280 and there's still more to come in so that's an amazing total!

Saturday afternoon was spent with my Boys' Brigade Company watching the South Shields Mariners football club playing a team from Northumbria University...safe to say we thrashed them 2-0.

I don't even like football or understand the rules, but I had a really good time! Everyone was so involved, and I'm sure the referee was blind half the time, but it's so easy to get caught up in the moment and the atmosphere. The lads had a great afternoon and all of the officers did too, so we may be going back sometimes soon!

Sunday was a typical Sunday in our house. Church in the morning followed by a scone in aid of Macmillan! Sunday lunch which was delicious as always, my Grandma came round too, it was her 91st birthday on Saturday...91!

On Sunday afternoon we went round to my auntie's house for a surprise 'party' for my mam and dad, it's their 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow! We had cake, sandwiches and a bit of fizz to toast the happy couple! They've got a pile of cards on the mantelpiece to open tomorrow so the house will be full of celebratory cards! 25 years is an amazing milestone to be celebrating!

And now it's the start of another week and I can't believe it's nearing the end of September...where is the time going?! I wish it would slow down a bit - give people a chance to breathe and realise how close Christmas is getting! ;)

Hope you all have a good week!

Until next time :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment