Thursday, 10 September 2015

My 23rd birthday!

Evening everyone!

So the other day it was my 23rd birthday, woo!

I've always liked birthdays. They involve, cake, funny cards, thoughtful gifts and spending quality time with loved ones. And this birthday was no different!

I was spoilt rotten! Lots of nice cards, surprise gifts and drinks and a nice meal out with the fiance to celebrate the day of my birth!

Sarah, my sister, is a baker. And she was going to make me a chocolate cheesecake, inspired by Lorraine Pascale. So I went shopping and bought the ingredients she needed while she was at work.

Turns out, I bought the wrong cheese...who knew there was a difference between cream cheese and soft cheese?! So, the cheesecake was a bit of a disaster...it's in the fridge, sort of dome shaped, but it tastes nice with a bit of double cream on top! Might not be the healthiest of birthday treats but so what!?

So Sarah made me some of her legendary brownies to compensate for the death of the cheesecake, even though it was all my fault! And they're delicious, of course.

This weekend is my birthday night out with my girls and I am super excited! We always have a right laugh and a good old drink, which is part of what being over 18 is all about!
I'm sure there'll be some photos of said night out on one of my blogs next week...the nice photos anyway!

I love birthdays. Mine and friends and families. It's a cause for celebration, yes you might be a year older, but so what? Surely that in itself is something to celebrate?

I'm a bit spoilt since I'm having another celebration with my friends, but they're a massive part of my life and I wouldn't be without them, ever!

Although this blog is free from pictures, I'm sure my next one will make up for it!

So here's something for you all to think about.

Your best birthday memory. What is it and why?

Feel free to comment below because I'd love to hear it!

Until the next time :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment