Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Bank Holiday Monday

Evening bloggers!

So how did everyone enjoy their Bank Holiday weekend? My Facebook feed was full of people being extremely hungover and having duvet days with takeaways, and with people going back out for more drinks as they were off work!


My bank holiday Monday was hangover free and spent it looking at views like this...




I went to Alston with Daniel and the dogs. Alston is a childhood favourite of both of ours, the quaint little town centre and the vast countryside surrounding it makes an excellent day out.


I took this picture down by the River Nent while the dogs were splodging in the river - they were extremely wet and I didn't appreciate it to say the least!


So the dogs: 



This is Dexter. We've had him 3 weeks and we adopted him from a shelter. He's always super excited and loves the car! He especially loves when you wind your window down and he can physically stick his nose out the window and sniff the air - strange but cute at the same time! He's still in training and still getting used to us, but he's getting there. And the best thing, he gets along with Oli which is all we wanted!

This cutie is Oli, or, as I call him, the Oli Monster! We've had him just over a year and he loves to cuddle! Oli loves walks, he looks like a tank when he strolls along, but he's soft as clarts and wouldn't hurt a fly...well, he did eat a butterfly once but, hey ho!
Oli needed a friend, hence why we adopted Dexter, and I think he's glad we did - he has someone to cuddle up to now! There's still a bit of jealousy when it comes to cuddles and saying hello, but we'll get there!

So, Alston. The River Nent. Dexter loves water, as judged by this picture! He was straight in the river and didn't want to come out when called! Safe to say he was horrendously wet!
Oli is clearly the poser in the family! He's always been a bit unsure about water; he never goes near the sea at the beach, but I think Dexter convinced him to go in and get wet - and then shake it all of near me, nice of him!

The area we were walking in is so beautiful and picturesque that I couldn't help but take pictures every few seconds! I could live there it's so pretty, and the dogs would love the hills and fields around...holiday destination me thinks!


This final scenic view is one of my favourites by far. I took this as we were walking back to the car, a couple of miles from where we were walking - it's so pretty! Look at how pretty it is!


The dogs slept all the way home, and judging by this final picture, they'd had a good day and we wore them out!


We all had a really good day and for that I'm glad. Extra long weekends are always an excuse to get away from the bustle of the town and just spend some quality time together.

If you ever get a chance to go to Alston, please do. You'll be able to take your own scenic photos, take your own dogs for walks and admire the beauty of the town.

Until the next time everyone :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment