Thursday, 11 August 2016

KGVI 2016

Hi everyone :)

So last week I had the privilege of spending a week with some amazing youth down at Boys' Brigade HQ. I was helping tutor these amazing people who are becoming the next wave of Boys' Brigade leaders.

I've done this course myself and I have to say it's a fantastic course, setting you up with everything you need to know about being a leader, holding a camp etc. You even get to do a first aid course!

We do the course down at Felden Lodge, BBHQ and I can testify that it is a very special, spiritual and emotional place. If you don't feel a little bit overwhelmed when you're there, you need to go back and try again!

The week is a brilliant week. Getting to meet all the youth, we all come from various parts of the country, so a regular topic of conversation always revolves around accents and how people say certain words! It is hilarious!

The week prepares you with sessions such as building relationships and challenging behaviour, but one of my favourite sessions is sharing your skills. Each member of the group brings an activity they do with their BB company and shows it to the rest of the group. This week we had a fantastic Jonah and the whale craft, a whizzy prayer and playing the Star Wars theme on xylophone keys, just to name a few!

I thoroughly enjoy going down to Felden. It's where I met two of my very best friends, Alice & Sarah, it's a place where I've developed my faith, and some of my best Boys' Brigade memories have been made there!

I love working in the BB and continue to work my way up and up...who knows, I could be the next BB Director for England and Wales. ;)

Until the next time :) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment