Evening everyone!
If you're like me, you work Monday-Friday and have the weekend off. Now. The weekends ALWAYS seem to fly by, no matter what you do. You go to bed on a Friday night after a glass of fizz, and all of a sudden it's Sunday night and your alarm is set for 5:15!
The last couple of weekends I've been away and they've just vanished. Other times, I have lazy weekends, and they still disappear. Before you know it, you're back to work at 8am on a Monday morning, wishing you were asleep in bed.
For the last few weekends I feel like I've been busy and actually achieved something, others, not so much. I'm a big fan of lazing around in your pajamas watching Netflix and drinking endless amounts of tea. However, the closer we get to the wedding, the more time I'm spending trolling the internet or shops with my Mam for a billion and one things - my list never seems to shrink!
The last two weekends in January I was busy. We went to York to visit my friend, then London where we saw The Lion King and then Matilda the next night. Both amazing weekends and both I'd do again happily. I love going to musicals and performances, so our weekend in London was amazing. I recommend going to both performances - and Aladdin, we went to see that in June last year and I'm still singing the songs!
Weekends are precious. We work all week and are given two days off to recover and recuperate before it all starts again. We count down to the weekend and then it's gone in a flash and we can't remember what we did, or we feel bad that we wasted it by just doing nothing.
I'm currently watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix and enjoying a cup of tea...a really productive Sunday evening!
Next weekend I'm going to have 2 of my bridesmaids fitted for their dresses and the other 2 the following week, so I'm feeling positively productive for the remaining weekends in February. The wedding invites need to be finished and posted soon too so, next weekend will also be spent doing that!
How do you like to spend your weekends? Are you a productive, always busy type or are you more of a lazing around in your pjs weekender? Let me know in a comment below!
Until the next time :) xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment