I know I've been horrendously quiet for a few weeks and for this I apologise profusely! A lot has gone on and I shall explain in time.
So as you can see, my blog is titled 'Friends'. We all have them. Old ones, new ones, ones we don't see often but know they're there when we need them.
Having friends is one of the great joys of life. Growing up, I had a set group of friends if you like. We were always together and did things together all the time, and that's carried on throughout school, college and uni, and we're all still friends now and see each other on a regular basis.Some friends, I don't see very often, due to living in totally different parts of the country and with the cost of train travel being astronomical! I met these amazing people whilst doing my Boy's Brigade leadership course, KGVI. Two of the best weeks of my life I have to say. The friends I made there are friends for life, we all know it, we're stuck with each other now anyway!
Some of my friends live in totally different countries! America to be exact! We see them as often as they come home, at Summer or Christmas, and try and catch up as much as possible for that year before they fly back to sunny Arizona again! Scary to think how long they've been gone. Shows how much we've grown up over the years really!
I make friends on the basis of if you're nice to me I'm nice to you, if you make me laugh, you're in...and if you like cups of tea, we're friends forever! All of my friends fit this criteria!
Like all friends do, we fight. Sometimes! About small issues, petty things that in the grand scheme of things, doesn't make a different to anyone anyway! All of my friends have strong personalities, and we're all quite similar...which is probably why we all get on so well, and why we can sometimes have arguments about the slightest thing!
I've done lots of things with my friends...most of which I'm sure we all want to remember, some things, probably not!
We've gone on holidays together; Turkey, Magaluf and Palma and Zante. Not to mention all the weekend away and countless nights out we've enjoyed together. Thankfully we have many photographs to use as memories...the marvellous invention of Facebook!

Wherever we are and whatever we do with our lives, we're always there for each other. Like true friends are! This final picture is my group of girls from a few weeks ago. I love these girls, we're a close group and always make time for each other. We've always been friends and we always will be. We'll visit more exotic places, go for more nights out - even if they involve a night in someone's sitting room with slippers and a cuppa! - we'll be our own version of the Sex and the City women, forever drinking cocktails in our favourite watering hole!
Until the next time :) xx

No comments:
Post a Comment