Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Christmas!

Evening everyone!

Sorry about my lack of blog posts recently; with starting work and having a social life (if you can call it that!) I've had little time to myself! Sleeping is one of the most important things to me right now!

So I started work 6 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it! I come home everyday smelling delightful! Working in a perfume shop has its perks!

Now it's the Christmas countdown I think everyone is going into overdrive and thinking themselves into a mad frenzy...we still have a month everyone, you'll be fine!

What I tend to do around Christmas is make a list. Who you're buying for, what your budget is and any initial ideas you have for them. That way you stay on top of your spending and know what you're looking for when you go shopping, instead of traipsing your way around the shops not knowing what you're looking for.

Working in retail has its ups and downs, especially at this time of year!
I recommend that you figure out what perfume you're looking for before you come into the shop and tell me what colour bottle it's in. There's lots of pink/blue bottles and that is not remotely helpful.

I personally love Christmas, I love the music, the lights, the cosiness of the house when all the decorations are up. I love singing carols at church, as that is the whole reason of CHRISTmas.

I'm seeing on Facebook that loads of people have finished their Christmas shopping already! You still have a month - you guys are massively prepared and I salute you!

One of the thing I love about Christmas is the cards and the wrapping paper. In my house we have a big bag full of Christmas cards, we have so many from last year that I don't think we'll be buying anymore for this year! And we still have some wrapping paper somewhere upstairs too - though I may have to see what we have and buy some new rolls after work one day, there's so much to choose from in the shops that I don't know how people do it!

Fenwick's has their Christmas window all done and lit up. Singing all day long - joyful! There's usually a theme or a well known story behind it - it's been Alice in Wonderland and Oliver Twist in the last few years, but this year it's Christmas themed! Santa getting stuck down the chimney - just like the song! I love it, it's a typical Christmas display, as it should be!

The other thing about Christmas is it's social aspect. Trying to plan Secret Santa exchanges and nights' out with work people is chaos! Fitting work in with this doesn't help, especially since I'll be working till 9pm some nights - all I'll want is my bed!

If you're struggling with the social side and don't think you and your friends don't have time for each other, you should do what we do most years. We make a spreadsheet and fill in the dates when we're free in one colour, and when we're not free in  another...and just hope that there's at least one day that all of us can do, otherwise we're well and truly snookered!

If you have any Christmas shopping/wrapping tips, let me know in a comment below! If you do and Christmas traditions with your family or friend, I'd love to know!

I won't leave it so long next time! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment